19 tips for saving energy
Saving energy particularly through the winter month is something that is own all of our minds. We don’t want to be cold but we also don’t want our energy bills to triple.
From an environmental viewpoint making sure that we don’t waste energy is important as everything we waste adds up to contribute to the global climate breakdown we are seeing.
Here are some ideas for how you can save energy at home or even the office.
In the kitchen
- Put lids on pans
- Allow food to cool before putting it in the fridge
- Cook more than one meal at a time
- Defrost your freezer regularly
- Match the pan size to your hob
- Switch to a green supplier or tariff
- Consider installing renewable energy sources directly into your home
- Install an energy monitoring device at home
- Wash clothes at 30 degrees or lower
- Before bed switch off one appliance that normally gets left on
- Do away with ironing
- Turn the thermostat down by 1 degree
- Consider a switch to electrical radiators that can be timed and store
- Switch out light bulbs for energy saving ones
- An hour before bedtime switch electric lights to candlelight
- Turn lights off when you leave a room
- Have one ‘tech free’ night per week
- Head outside somewhere dark and star gaze with friends and family
- Switch devices to filter out blue light, particularly first thing in the morning and last thing at night
There we go, Conscious Creatives top tips on saving energy at home and definitely some ideas you can take into the office. It may seem all a little pointless and trivial considering the scale of the problem and I’d honestly forgive you for wondering if there is a point to all this.
Please remember though that by your actions you are inspiring others to make changes they didn’t think possible. We need a global change in consciousness to achieve the goals of reducing our carbon output. Each and every little thing you can do makes a difference, not everyone can do everything BUT we can all make small sacrifices for the good of human race right?
If you are reading this as a business or community leader and looking to develop a strategy for communicating the importance of sustainability within your organisations then please get in touch.
We can support your story with our specialist sustainable communications plans click here to complete an enquiry form or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your project.